ICFP Board nominations 2022
The term of 9 of the existing board positions on the ICFP Board expires during the Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) to be held on 14 July 2022. The ICFP Board hereby invites Commercial Forensic Practitioners (FP)SA’s to nominate candidates for election to the Board of Directors in terms of the Memorandum of Incorporation.
- The current composition of the Board:
- 9 Board members who were duly elected during the AGM on 30 July 2020 and hold office until the AGM on 14 July 2022;
- 3 Board members who were duly elected during the AGM on 19 August 2021 and hold office until the AGM of 2023;
The following positions on the Board are open for nomination:
In terms of par, 4.1.3 of the Memorandum of Incorporation directors hold office for a term of two (2) years unless he/she resigns.
The following Directors’ terms will end at the AGM on 30 July 2020.
- Ms Mary-Anne Whittles was re-elected to the Board on 30 July 2020. She is available for re-election.
- Adv Jerry Chetty was re-elected to the Board on 30 July 2020. He is available for re-election.
- Mr Caleb T Motsamai was re-elected to the Board on 30 July 2020. He is available for re-election.
- Ms Shirley Ivason-Wagener was re-elected to the Board on 30 July 2020. She is not available for re-election.
- Mr Gerhard Geldenhuys was re-elected to the Board on 30 July 2020. He is available for re-election.
- Mr McComb Taylor was re-elected to the Board on 30 July 2020. He is not available for re-election.
- Mr Adriaan Beekman was elected to the Board on 30 July 2020. He is available for re-election.
- Mr Zaakir Mohammed was elected to the Board on 30 July 2022. He is available for re-election.
- Dr Carin Lombaard was elected to the Board on 30 July 2020. She is not available for re-election.
Consequently, the ICFP Board hereby calls for nominations for the election of directors as stated above.
- Requirements for eligibility, number of directors and term
- In addition to the requirements set by the Companies Act, the following are required from the board and members of the board in terms of the Memorandum of Incorporation of the ICFP:
- Only members of the ICFP holding the designation (FP)SA are eligible for election to the Board of the ICFP;
- The ICFP shall have a minimum of three (3) directors; and
- Each director shall hold office for two years from the date of his or her election. Upon completion of his or her two-year cycle, the director shall resign at the next annual general meeting but may stand for re-election.
- Demographic, geographic and industry representation
All reasonable efforts should be made by members to achieve the ideal demographic, geographic and industry representation during the nomination process. The Board shall also attempt to do so if members are co-opted to the Board.
- Process of the election of Board members
- We set out below the election process that will be followed in terms of par 4.2 of the Memorandum of Incorporation, which makes provision for the election of directors to the ICFP Board.
- The nomination process will commence on 01 June 2022. Nominations are called for members holding the designation (FP)SA in terms of this notice. Members have until 15 June 2022 to submit nominations to the Nominations Committee.
- The nomination must be submitted by completing the attached letter of nomination, which must be accompanied by:
- Acceptance by the nominee
- Concise curriculum vitae of the nominee.
The nominee must be seconded by at least 10 (FP) SA’s (the letter of nomination must include the name, membership number and signature of the (FP) SA.
- Submission and verification of nominations
- Completed nominations must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Nominations Committee.
- The nomination form can be accessed from the following link. https://www.icfp.co.za/sites/default/files/articles/icfp_board_nominations_form_2022.pdf
- The Nominations Committee will review all nominations to ensure that the nominee qualifies for nomination and has complied with all the nomination criteria. All properly nominated candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and are not disqualified for any reason will be included in a list of candidates that will be circulated to all members that have a right to vote. All nominees will be required to consent to full background checks being conducted by the ICFP.
- The Nominations Committee will publish a list of candidates by 16 June 2022 on the ICFP website at https://www.icfp.co.za/ and will email this to all members.
- Should any member have an objection to any person on the list, the objection must be brought to the attention of the Nominations Committee within seven days after publication of the nomination list. The Nomination Committee will review the grounds of the objection received.
- Should the Nominations Committee, in consideration of the grounds of the objection received, decide that the person nominated is not eligible or is disqualified, an amended list of candidates will be published with a final list of nominees, which will be accompanied by a brief curriculum vitae and the industry the nominee is nominated for, on the ICFP website and emailed to all members.
- Voting process
- The Board has decided for reasons of practicality, that an electronic voting process will be used prior to the AGM. Members will receive the electronic link that may be used to vote.
- Voting will start on 23 June 2022 and close on 8 July 2022. Nominated candidates reflecting the most number of votes will be announced at the AGM and their names will be published on the ICFP website.