The Financial Intelligence Centre is recruiting graduates to join its Forensic Analysis Capability.
|Graduate: Forensic Analysis Capability
|Forensic Analysis Capability
Include primary accomplishments, products, and services, who benefit from them and how
|Assist in the production of affidavits and forensic reports in support of the FIC mandate, including court directed reports upon request, in order to aid criminal investigations, the recovery of proceeds of crime and criminal prosecutions.
|KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
What do you have to be able to do to achieve the desired results of your job?
Include management and leadership responsibilities for work team leaders
|Analysis and Profiling
· Conducts searches upon requests received from team members.
· Assists in the collection and consolidation of required information and data.
· Accurately and efficiently executes all matters allocated.
· Understands investigation plans and is able to adhere to requests and timelines.
· Takes input from supervisors and clients and accurately applies comments/feedback.
· Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
· Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally.
· Accurately prepares written products that is coherent, grammatically correct and professional.
· Understanding of accounting concepts, forensic accounting concepts, criminal law, criminal procedure law and law of evidence
· Understands basic Internet search engines and is able to conduct focused searches.
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
· Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, and effectiveness.
· Generates innovative solutions by approaching tasks with curiosity and open mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential.
· Displays a positive attitude.
· Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
· Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
· Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
· Appreciates each team member’s contributions and values each individual member.
· Values internal and external clients and responds to their needs as they arise.
· Establishes effective working relationship with clients/ colleagues.
· Follows established communication guidelines.
· Uses good judgment in what and how to communicate with clients.
· Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
· Seeks input from mentors and supervisors.
· Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
· Accurately completes and submits analysis/profiling reports in a timely manner
· Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner
· Complies with all our policies and procedures
|EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
| · Honours degree in any of the following:
o Forensic Accountancy
o Law enforcement/forensic investigations
o Fraud and Risk Management
o Business Mathematics and Informatics
· Report writing skills
· Computer literate (MS Office, good proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SAS an advantage)
· Valid driver’s licence
|· Customer service: Responds to customers’ needs and follows through, when asked, on customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
· Flexibility: Accepts need for flexibility.
· Impact and Influence: Uses direct persuasion in a discussion or presentation.
· Teamwork – Supports team decisions, is a good team player, does his/ her share of the work without having to be reminded.
· Relationship Building: Makes informal contacts with others in addition to contacts required in the course of work.
· Organisational Commitment: Respects the way things are done in an organisation and does what is expected.
· Teamwork: Supports team decisions, is a good team player, does his or her share of the work without having to be reminded.
· Conceptual Thinking: When looking at information, sees patterns, trends or missing pieces.
· Achievement Orientation: Wants to do job well: Expresses affect or feeling about performance.
Initiative: Recognises and reacts to present opportunities
|Will be required to work long hours when necessary.
|Closing date: 31 January 2024
|CVs can be sent to SadiyaaA@banking.org.za