FIT & PROPER CONSIDERATION
In terms of Section 184.108.40.206 of the Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI) of the ICFP the Board needs to consider whether a person is fit and proper for membership. The Board is therefore calling on all members to declare any factors that may adversely affect their membership status as a fit and proper member of the Institute. This includes the following, but not limited thereto:
- Previous relevant and/or serious criminal convictions and/or administrative sanctions;
- Being an unrehabilitated insolvent;
- Having been removed from a position of trust on account of misbehaviour;
- Being disqualified from being a director of any company as contemplated in the Act; and
- Being involved in matters that may bring the industry and the Institute into disrepute.
In addition, the ICFP Board has taken a decision to introduce a new process for filing annual declarations. Every member of the ICFP is required to lodge a declaration stating that he or she is fit and proper for membership. The declaration can be completed online in your personal vault, see Annual Declaration. Members have until 28 February 2016 to complete the 2015 declaration.
COMPLETING THE DECLARATION
Every member must complete and answer all the fields in this declaration.
Please note that in addition to the criteria addressed within the questions in this declaration the ICFP may consider any other relevant matter when assessing whether a person meets the Fit and Proper Person Requirements.
The non-submission of this declaration and the non-declaration of such adverse factors may result in disciplinary procedures in terms of the Rules of Conduct.