The benefits of CPD are essential for promotions and appliying for a new postion. Many employers now value ‘learning agility’ as a core competency. The ability and insight to manage your own professional growth is seen as a key strength.
CPD helps individuals:
- Build confidence and credibility – you can see your progression by tracking your learning;
- Earn more by showcasing achievements;
- CPD profesional development is a handy tool for appraisals;
- Achieve your career goals by focusing on your training and development;
- Cope positively with change by constantly updating your skill set;
- Be more productive and efficient by reflecting on your learning and highlighting gaps in your knowledge and experience.
CPD benefits your employer and the service offiering to your clients:
- Helps maximise employee skills by linking learning to actions and theory to practice;
- Helps to set SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound) objectives so training activity is more closely linked to business requirements;
- Promotes staff development, leading to better staff morale and a motivated workforce, and helps give a positive image/brand to organisations;
- Adds value by helping staff to consciously apply learning to their role, their team and the organisation’s development;
- Linking to appraisals it is a good tool to help employees focus their achievements throughout the year